The process of sourcing on-hired staff involves allowing another company to undertake the role of sourcing and employing specific workers for your business. On-hired staffing has recently become increasingly popular in Australia due to the value it creates for both the employee and the employer.
Businesses choose to source on-hired staff for many reasons. One of the major reasons businesses choose to source on-hired labour is to meet the demands of busy work periods. Sometimes companies only require an extra hand for busy periods and on-hired staffing allows them to bring in skilled workers just for a short period of time.
Another major reason why businesses choose to source on-hired labour is because they require a more flexible workforce. Certain industries have high and low seasons and a more flexible workforce can allow a company to roster their staff to better meet fluctuations in work levels. Additionally, many companies choose to source on-hired labour because they don’t want to spend the time and resources on the lengthy and tedious process of finding a suitable candidate for their business.
The typical tasks of an on-hire staffing organisation involve:
1. Advertise the position – on-hire staffing organisations use a variety of marketing sources such as job boards, job forums, job search engines and social media to reach a wide range of potential candidates.
2. Recruit a variety of capable candidates – the on-hire staffing organisation then goes to the next step of the process and creates a pool of talented and suitable candidates for the position.
3. Conduct skills tests and check references – the on-hire staffing organisation then conducts modern aptitude tests that identify the strengths of each candidate. Furthermore, the organisation then conducts a comprehensive reference check of all suitable candidates.
4. Consult with the employer – The on-hire staffing organisation then consults with the employer and allows them to make the final decision on the most suitable candidate for the position and the business.
5. Un-attached payroll and HR functions – the on-hire staffing organisation employs the worker and takes care of tasks such as employee paperwork, payroll, superannuation, insurance etc.
Sourcing on-hired staff with CIRCLE Recruitment & HR can have many benefits for employers. These include:
1. No minimum hours – employers can roster staff only when they are needed and don’t need to stress about bringing in workers at times when they are not needed.
2. Choice of candidates – employers have the final decision on who is chosen for the position. During the on-hired staffing process, employers are constantly consulted with to ensure the best candidate is chosen.
3. Pay only for hours worked – employers only need to pay on-hired staff for the hours they work. Employers don’t have to worry about paying on-hire workers for annual leave, sick leave, holiday leave, superannuation or insurance.
4. Quick and easy – the on-hired staffing process is quick and easy and businesses don’t have to stress about searching for a suitable candidate. Using an on-hired staffing organisation such as CIRCLE Recruitment & HR means that employers can sit back and allow someone else to do all the hard work involved in finding a suitable candidate.
5. Greater flexibility – on-hired staffing allows a company to be more flexible and roster staff according to sales. If a company is having a slow week the company can request to have fewer workers that week. Alternatively, if the company is having a busy week or looking to expand, they can request more workers to help the companies’ demands.
6. Trial staff – on-hired staffing gives businesses a unique opportunity of trialing their staff. If an employer is not happy with the selected staff, they have the power to request a new employee. Because the employee is not hired by the business, the employer does not have to stress about all the legislative requirements of dismissing an employee.
7. Skills testing & reference checking – sourcing on-hire staffing means that a business does not have to go through the long process of testing the employees skills and conducting reference checks. Qualified HR specialists are used by on-hire staffing company to conduct modern ability and aptitude tests and complete comprehensive reference checks of all short-listed candidates.
8. No need for payroll or HR functions – sourcing on-hire staffing means that a company does not need to complete payroll and other HR functions for on-hired staff. HR functions such as payroll, leave and holiday management, insurance, superannuation etc. are all completed by the on-hire staffing company. Removing these tasks for an employers work load can reduce stress for employers and give them more time to manage their businesses.
Additionally sourcing on-hired staff also has many benefits for employee. For example:
1. Flexibility – employees are able to negotiate with employers to find flexible hours that suit both the business and the employee. Flexible hours allow employees to fit more into their lives because they are able to tailor their work hours around important activities in their lives.
2. Job rotation – employees get to keep life interesting and work in a variety of interesting roles for a short period of time.
These benefits allow employees to be greater satisfied with their jobs and this in-turn creates value for a business. When employees are satisfied with their jobs they are more motivated employees and achieve higher on-job performance.
Important Note: These articles have been prepared for general circulation and are circulated for general informational purposes only; these articles should not be regarded as business or investment advice. The articles represent the views of the writers and are subject to change without notice. Additionally, while every care has been taken in the preparation of the articles no representation or warranty as to accuracy or completeness of any statement is given. An individual or organisation should, before any business or investment decision is made, consider the appropriateness of the information in this document, and seek professional advice, having regard to objectives, situation and needs. This document is solely for the use of the party to whom it is provided.